HOMES LETTINGS LTD
Homes Lettings Ltd and its staff are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Homes Lettings Ltd is a limited company registered at Companies House registration number 05617161. The registered office is Anstey House 43 Stennels Close Coventry CV6 2JG.
How to contact us
Collecting your information
We will start to collect information from you when you make an enquiry through our agency. On submitting an application to Homes Lettings Ltd you will be asked for further information to help us to process it.
We will take this information from you either in person, by telephone or email.
We will never ask for information which we do not consider to be relevant to your application. We will not ask a third party to collect information from you unless we have your prior agreement.
Using and Sharing your information
Our legal basis for using and sharing your personal information is that without doing so we cannot fulfil our role and our legal obligations as Letting Agents without doing so.
You may decide that you do not want to give us certain information, but if you do decline to give us the information we need we may not be able to proceed with your enquiry.
Once we have collected your information we may need to share it with certain people and agencies.
- For the purpose of credit referencing and processing your application to rent through Homes Lettings Ltd
- If you rent a property through us on a fully managed basis we will give your name, address, mobile number and email address to our contractors to allow them to make contact with you to arrange to carry out repairs and maintenance to your property in line with our obligations as managing agents. We have a contract in place with our contractors to keep your information secure and to only use it in line with Data Protection law.
- We will notify the relevant information to utility companies, water providers, local councils and any other providers at your property regarding changes in occupancy and to give up to date readings for their services where and when necessary .
- We may be required to disclose personal information to our insurance company when renewing and maintaining our insurance cover.
- We may give your personal information to outside debt collection agencies to manage disputes and to recover outstanding debts
- In the event of a dispute we may give your information to our professional /legal representation or to any third party involved in this.
- If part or all of the business is sold or transferred to a third party we will be required to pass the personal information we hold to them
- We may use the personal information we collect and hold from you or receive from a third party for the purpose of reducing fraud and credit risk. The legal basis for this is to minimise the risk to our business and our landlords.
- We may share information with the police constabulary for the purpose of upholding the law
Access to information
- Directors and employees
- Providers of IT, computer services and network management
- Credit referencing agencies
- Management services
- Barclays Bank
Homes Lettings Ltd will never sell your personal information to a third party.
Retention of your personal information
We will only hold your personal information for as long as it is necessary for the purpose we use it, for legal requirements and statutory obligations. We will securely dispose of the personal information when it is no longer required.
Under Data Protection law you have rights and to ensure that you are aware of them all we advise that you read the relevant laws and guidance from the regulatory authorities.
- The right to access– You may request a copy of the information we hold and how we process certain information.
- The right to be informed– You can request that we provide you with fair processing that is not reliant solely upon automated processing.
- The Right to not be subject solely to automated decision making– We will use of all the information provided in decision making and not automated results alone
- The right to rectification– You can ask us to rectify and update information we hold about you
- The right to restrict processing– Our legal basis for processing your personal information is your prior consent. You can request we stop the processing of your personal information and we will do so . This will not affect our lawful right of processing prior to your withdrawal
- The right to erase-You can in certain circumstances and with some exceptions ask us to delete or remove personal information we hold about you
- The Right to Portability You may request to obtain and re use data where relevant
To exercise any of your rights please email us at email@example.com or alternatively write to us as Homes Lettings Ltd, Anstey House, 43 Stennels Close, Keresley, Coventry. CV6 2JG.
This privacy notice includes relevant information but not necessarily all information.
How to Complain
If you consider that we infringe the data protection laws in the way we process your information you do have the right to complain to the supervisory authority who is responsible for data protection. You can do this in the EU member state of your habitual residence your place of work or the place where the alleged infringement took place.. For further information about lodging a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office which is the relevant UK supervisory office please go to https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint or contact Information Commissioners Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF.